Safety Updates for After-School Events
Parents and students: Please note these important updates effective Friday, January 31:
Mesquite ISD values the safety of its students, staff and patrons above all else. The district regularly reviews its safety protocols to ensure our facilities are as safe as possible for all who use them. As a result of such review, additional security measures will be implemented for after-school events at all Mesquite ISD venues (gyms, stadiums and campuses) effective this Friday, Jan. 31:
· All students, including non-Mesquite ISD students, must present a valid student ID to enter any event.
· No one may enter basketball games after the start of the fourth quarter.
· Backpacks will not be allowed at Mesquite ISD events.
· All students in grades 6 – 12, including non-Mesquite ISD students, must present a valid student ID to enter any event. This includes visiting teams.
· Elementary students will not be admitted without adult supervision.
· We reserve the right to request additional identification.
Additional measures are under consideration, and more changes may be announced in the future. Thank you for your support of Mesquite ISD in these efforts.